Acoustic ceilings give points for the DGNB certification
Gladsaxe House Company is a metal coloured office building that houses the headquarter of NCC. It’s the first office building to achieve the DGNB-platinum certification in Denmark. It all comes down to the choice of building materials including the acoustic ceiling and for the indoor climate, it’s important to consider how an acoustic ceiling will benefit the spaces.
The office building is the workspace of the future. Recycled materials and solutions are thought into the interior design. When you enter the Gladsaxe Company House, you will see recycled wood from stands at Lyngby Football Stadium. The green agenda is set as there is a vertical plant wall to welcome the guests and employees.
The approach to sustainability meeting the environmental and economic requirements as well as the social functionality of the spaces showcases why this office building is the first to be rewarded in Denmark. It’s a perfect case to show what a workspace that thinks about the environment, the people and the materials, will look like in the future.
Choosing sustainable materials for the future
In the building industry, the key issue is sustainable materials. The building materials used here can be disassembled and recycled after demolition, and up to 90 % of the wood used is FSC-certified. The remaining 10 % is regenerated timber and recycled from other construction sites. So, the whole process seeks to achieve the highest standard of material sustainablity.
With the choice of Rockfon acoustic ceilings, the sustainable agenda also covers the ceilings. Rockfon Tropic consists of recycled content from stone wool. In addition, the content is originated from waste from other industries. It helps to upcycle waste and make the life cycle last longer with very little footprint.
“Our acoustic panels are made of stone wool which is extracted from basalt stones, and which are naturally occurring in the nature. Not only it gives you a sustainable materials, stone wool is an unique acoustic property.” Explains Rockfon Specification Manager, Finn Jørgensen.
How about a good indoor climate?
90 % of company costs are related to employees and their wellbeing. Therefore, it’s important that architects think about the indoor climate in the interior design from the start. A good indoor climate is much more than just nice interior. It’s a holistic approach where it include good sound and comfortable settings without annoying noises, optimal use of daylight and creative interior. Acoustic ceilings provide a good indoor climate, not only does they control the sound and lower reverberation but it can also enhance the amount of daylight as well as it doesn’t contribute to mould and bacteria spread.
Finn Jørgensen continues: “In Gladsaxe Company House, Rockfon Tropic has been chosen. Rockfon Tropic is a good acoustic ceiling providing good acoustic and gives a better indoor climate with a focus on employee wellbeing. The fact, that the construction is also DGNB-platinum certified just makes us a proud supplier.”
Gladsaxe Company House