Mould and mildew resistant properties
Mould can find a fertile ground to grow in a damp, organic surface. As the mould grows it can not only damage building materials and an undesirable visual effect, but exposure to it can also have a potential health effect on people too, causing skin and respiratory infections.(1)
Because our stone wool ceiling products are not organic, they do not promote the growth of mould or bacteria, keeping people safe and healthy. Through their inherent composition, there is no need to have additives such as fungicides or antimicrobials to achieve these mould-resistant properties.